Sunday, February 27, 2011

Remote learning

If you can, please keep in touch.  Add a comment to any of the posts.  Get mum and dad to tell us your story.  Don't forget the maths and literacy links on the right hand side of the page.  They can keep you learning while you are away from school.  I will continue to post and might add some learning ideas for you over the next couple of weeks.

Love Miss R.


PS see the comments below this post to hear the news from the others in class.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Iona, Not sure if you got our last comment? Alice is OK and in Arrowtown us and her Grandparents. She is starting school down here tomorrow and is looking forward to it but also said she wished her friends and Miss Rait would be there too. I do not know how long we will be here as our house is not so good. Great to hear you are all OK and so many kind souls came to help you - amazing community spirit. Thanks for posting the blogs, Alice loves looking at what you are up to. Take care, Georgie and Mark Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alice, Georgie and Mark (and James!) No, unfortunately I didn't see you last comment. You're the lucky first though!
    I hope you will have fun at with your new friends in Queenstown. I will miss you and hope you can come back really soon. I'm sad that your house is not so flash. I think the hill area was hit quite badly. I hope things will work out. Please keep in touch and I'll let you know when my school email is up and running.Love Miss R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Miss Rait,

    I didn't like it when the earthquake happened. I am pleased you are ok.

    I sat on my trampoline for the aternoon after the earthquakd. Daddy couldn't come home after the eq as the bridge was broken. A nice helped him to get home and he had to walk through lots of water at ferrymead.

    We are in Himitangi at the farm with our friends, having lots of fun with the chickens, dogs and horses. I check for eggs under the chickens.

    Tomorrow Mum and I are going on a school bus trip with the new entrants class at College St Primary school. We are going to the beach at Himitangi.

    We are all ok and our house is fine but doesn't have any services still. Hopefully we will return in a week.

    I look forward to seeing you again soon.

    Love from Bree Coburn xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Miss Rait, Sienna from Room 16 came to the school too. She is in my class. I got a new school hat and a book bag and a reading diary a little bit the same as Redcliffs. Today is bike day and tomorrow is a sausage sizzle day. I've got a new school bag too and its a little bit the same like Minnie Mouse and is Hannah Montana. I miss all my friends and you. love alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Bree
    It is so good to hear from you! It is good you are in a safe place and have started at school again. A trip to the beach sounds like it will be fun. Please say hi to your new teacher for me.
    I can't wait to be back at school and see everyone again. Please give mum, dad and Georgie a hug from me.
    Much love
    Miss R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Alice
    How nice it is to have Siena with you! You can look after each other. What colour is your hat? Perhaps you could get mum to email some photos to me of you at your new school? ionemail@gmail.com I'll make a new post just about you! Do you have Fit 'n' Fab and sneaky snack at your new school?

    Ms Alexander said the teachers can't go back to school just yet. But I'm looking forward to going back and getting ready for when the Room 17 comes back.

    Take care, lots of love
    Miss R.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Miss Rait and all of room 17,
    Charlie says hi to you all and is staying at North Canterbury with his Grandma, He's really looking forward to seeing you all again soon! We will all go camping at golden bay somewhere next week for a change. Big hugs to you all, better go now, it's sneaky snack time!
    Love from the Hoban's ps a big special hello to Anthony, please call us ! and anyone else too! 0274100109

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miss Rait,
    We miss you! And all our buddies from room 17! We are staying with dave's mum in cashmere, which is actually like being on a wee holiday. She is taking very good care of us! Our house in redcliffs is fine, so we go home every few days to have a play and to visit all our family in the area. Dave has rigged up two huge water tanks that will connect to our house...?! So we will have water soon..? Charlie is great. Along with Riley, he has been going to the temporary school at Sumner which is good fun. Today he had a play with his friend Baylee. They chatted about the earthquake, how they ran to the big field and how the teachers looked after them. It was so nice to hear that he felt comforted by you taking care of him. Credit to you Iona, thank you from Dave, Hvar, Sam and myself for being there for Charlie.
    We look forward to seeing you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on our posts. You can login to leave a post with your name or select Name/URL from the drop down list below and enter your name. You may need to push the 'post comment' button if it doesn't post on the first attempt.